Wednesday 30 November 2011

Bruce Fuller (G.B.B. Fuller - Oliver, B.C.)

Last year, in an attempt to remain sane and not commit murder, or suicide, I wrote a blog about Bruce Fuller (currently residing at the Rustico Winery in Oliver but formerly of West Vancouver, BC) while I was drunk, disorderly, feeling very low and sorry for myself!

As I explained in that blog, he 'invited' me to invest in his project called 'SeaPark' ($7,000) shortly after we met. Then he wanted me to bump up the investment to $10,000 in total. When I refused to 'invest' any more in his project, he devised a scheme whereby he bought a mutual acquaintance's jeep. He needed to 'borrow' $6,000 to do this plus buy/maintain website addresses, etc. I 'loaned' him the money on the condition that he at least give me a promissory note for the vehicle and to re-pay the amount charged to my VISA plus any interest accrued. Even with the promissory note in hand, it didn't look like he was going to re-pay me immediately, so I cashed in the only RRSP I had to cover the VISA bill - in order to avoid 19.5%+ being charged - on the unpaid balance.

Over a period of a couple of years, he paid me $3,000, but unbeknown to me, he 'sold' his vehicle so the promissory note was worthless. In the past 10 years he has not re-paid the outstanding (loan) balance or even the interest. Last month he gave me $100 cash and in the following email from him he said he is "trying". Well Mr. Fuller - try harder!

Since the SeaPark investment 'scheme' did not materialize, I have suggested that he should give me credit/shares/wine in his new venture (Rustico Winery) in lieu of the original $7,000 investment. He refused to do this as he said he has no authority and is "not the owner" of the winery. Well according to his profile on Plenty of Fish, he describes himself as "owner" (what of? winery, horse, vehicle, tugboat?)  On Rustico Winery website and other interviews and publications, he is noted as the 'Proprietor'.  The meaning of which is 'owner' - so does this mean he is or isn't?  Either way it is my opinion that he is mis-representing his position either to me... and the general public.

After receiving the following email from him, although I have nothing to apologise for, I have since deleted the original blog; spoken with legal council; put all 10 years of documentation in a very safe place and was advised to publish his email (see following).

In the email he 'suggested' that he could write a "creative blog about me" explaining what he thinks I have been up to all these years. Not sure what he is referring to, but having heard him work the crowd at the Winery, he sure is good at spinning a yarn. Yup, Bruce Fuller is a great salesman. I know that for sure cause he sold me $10,000 worth of BS. Plus his other 'friends', that I have spoken with and who invested with him in the past, agree with me too.

So Mr. Fuller, over to you and your accountant that you told me was supposed to be helping you sort out your finacial issues with Revenue Canada. (refund, pension, etc)

I want the re-payment of my 'investment' and the loan (plus interest) - which I calculate to be a minimum of $10,000 - immediately!  Then I will remove this blog too.

(following email received from Bruce Fuller):

Your blog of last year is particularly mean-spirited and hateful. It’s the work of an angry, spiteful woman and not from someone that I thought I loved.

As well, a number of the things you cover are entirely untrue, incorrect and without foundation.

You’re probably aware that I too could set up a blog about 'you'. Maybe creatively discuss a number of things that you’ve been up to over the years... Could certainly create a nasty piece that paints a less than complimentary picture
that could also be damaging to your reputation and others.   I’ve chosen not to take that road.

In the meantime remove the hateful blog. It’s my understanding you can do this quite easily. If not then publish a complete apology.

Trust you understand what’s going on here. If we’re to play ball with each other, the playing field must be clean.
In each and all of our discussions I have tried to maintain my patience and understanding and have provided you with truthful information as best I knew it at the time.

And now that I am attempting to resolve this situation,this ugly blog falls into my lap. In order for me to even scratch the surface of helping you I need to try to build this little business and the next years of my life as best I can and your comments do not help.

Bruce


In all honesty I have deleted some wording in the above email, as it reveals my name, but the essence of the original wording is all here. You will note that he is "trying to maintain his patience and understanding".... wow.... that is big of him since I am the one out of pocket by $10,000.

In this email he also 'suggested' that he could write a "creative blog about me" explaining what he thinks I have been up to all these years. I am certainly no angel, having made many mistakes and decisions in my lifetime, but I am not sure what he is referring to.  Having heard him work the crowd at the Winery, he sure is good at spinning a yarn.  Yup, Bruce Fuller is a great salesman.  I know that for sure cause he sold me $10,000 worth of BS. Plus his other 'friends', that I have spoken with over the past couple of years, and who invested with him in the past, agree with me too.

In my previous blog I admitted my stupidity and I should have undertaken much more research and asked for references.  I should have done more investigating and been much more skeptical - but hey I 'trusted' the guy.  Obviously my 'gut' instincts were not accurate.

My last piece of advice to any women seeking men on Plenty of Fish, or other 'dating' sites, here is his profile in which he describes himself as 'owner':

About Me (A.K.A. doubleb)

Over the years I've enjoyed a broad variety of outdoor experiences including Great Lakes and Pacific coastal sailing, sea kayaking, horseback riding (have a TB mare just across from the house), tennis, skiing and expeditionary travel. Was an outrider with a wagon train in the Dakotas, carried the Canadian Flag in Deadwood's July 4th parade before holding up a stagecoach on their rodeo grounds. Have ridden full out across Wyoming's Outlaw Trail and one winter joined 13 buckaroos to move a 1000 head of cattle across Nevada's Black Rock Desert. Got soaked in the rapids while paddling the Yukon River from Whitehorse to Dawson City. Was fortunate to travel with the summit team, bartering in the markets of Lhasa, Tibet before tucking far into a goose down bag at Everest Base Camp.

Indoor pursuits include serious dabbling in the culinary arts, cellaring fine wines, assembling a private library, studying and collecting western/country antiques. Am a published author of nonfiction books, consumer and trade publications, articles and papers.

Love parenting four children who have now grown out of that adventure, flown the nest and are doing their respective things. Since they're east, west and overseas it's not always possible to gather and share special occasions... so would genuinely welcome a lady's family to mine.

Retirement has never been a part of my vocabulary (if you're wanting a beach-chair, marguerita-swilling partner, forget it) as I'm enjoying applying my business acumen in a new venture... ownership of a fine estate winery. Well known as a dreamer, conceptualizer and starter but never a quitter, I've enjoyed wonderful personal and family happiness along with a good measure of business success... but have stumbled enough to keep me focused on the bigger picture.

As for music preferences... a well thought-through iPod collection with thousands of pieces covers most genres... (as I'm writing this backgrounder, easy-listening jazz off the satellite fills my study)... how eclectic my musical tastes?... I still think that Conway Twitty's version of Slow Hand is a hands-down favorite and enjoy singing along with Bryan Adams' "Have you ever really loved a woman?"

All in all my life has been a truly marvellous collection of wonderful adventures... and it's really just beginning. Want to join in for a little more kitchen-dancing?

Hoping to meet an attractive, vivacious, warm and sensuous lady with a think-positive, no-baggage no-anger attitude... with that inquisitive sparkle in her eyes who wants to discover, explore and relish a mutually satisfying relationship. A woman who's as comfortable in washed-out Wranglers, cuddly old shirts and broken-in cowboy boots in a country farm house as she's casually elegant stopping by our favorite bistro in a long skirt and linen blouse (enough buttons undone to tease all the senses).

Would love to share the warmth and intimacy of an unpretentious woman who's down-to-earth, feisty, and imaginatively creative in her lovemaking while relishing a deep and strong monogamous relationship. Age is not as important to me as positive attitude and energy packaged with class.

A sense of humor is paramount as her laughter wrinkles work for me and besides... I have a few of my own.


I hope that this blog helps those wrestling with a dilemma about any investment 'scheme or with accepting any new acquaintance into your life. And especially to those thinking about 'hooking up' with a stranger... do your research first!

6 comments:

  1. for "Conned and Stupid"... How sad. She even admits she's drunk, disorderly etc. etc. etc.... and a woman scorned. Since a number of her comments are both incorrect and falsified and this certainly isn't the first time she's "a woman scorned"... let's forgive her, take the high road and just move along.

    And as for "Sour Grapes"... you invested in a dream we both shared. I did and after over ten, yes, over ten years had to take my knocks and move along again. (Hope you didn't invest in GM, Blackberry or hundreds of "good deals"... 'cause they had their ups and downs too).

    At this stage I won't be anonymously blogging about you. But might suggest you apologize and look into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all:
    We all could make big mistakes and lose our money with any investment companies.. but for your sake, I would never recommend anyone to depart their hard earned money and give it to Bruce. He just takes your money and does his own thing with your money. He does not really care because it is not his money.. Once that money is gone, he wants more.. but when there is nothing left of his venture, he leaves you standing there.. no apologies, no regrets.. just 'goodbye sucker'....
    Even if his new venture is a sure thing (which is not!), I do not think I would put my money into it..because it is Bruce.. not saying anything bad but he is not someone I would want to do business with. We may be able to put a lien against his future capitals as a thought.. to get our money back.. Any comments.. let's don't be silent anymore..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George, I came across your Blog reply in hopes that you would be interested in being a witness as I am suing him in court. Please reach out if you are interested. Thanks. Jenn Triggs jen.triggs@gmail.com.

      Delete
  4. Hey, just came across this posting. I also got played by G.B.B. Fuller. He has a pattern that has kept him alive at the expense of individuals. He has not gotten Venture Capital, because under the due diligence process there is nothing of substance to his creative ideas.....

    Lesson learned, Life does go on, sober or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Unknown, I came across your Blog reply in hopes that you would be interested in being a witness as I am suing him in court. Please reach out if you are interested. Thanks. Jenn Triggs jen.triggs@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete